Friday, December 18, 2009

new contact

" the reason why i didnt save your number was cos..." you started.
" i felt like i didnt deserve to."

that caught me off guard. one usually chooses to put another's contact number into oblivion either as a way of moving on or an expression of an apparent grudge. i remember doing so myself not too long ago.
only to realize that it was already permanently etched in my brain.

" you'd be one of the first few numbers that i'd save whenever i get a new phone." i muttered under my breath, annoyed at how ... thoughtful i always am when it comes to him.

guilt, you said.
you then explained that seeing my name in your phone would simply evoke a feeling of guilt in you, (considering the history that we've had). hence you chose to avoid so by not having me keyed in your phone entirely. it comforts me to know that you do, in fact, have a heart after all. sometimes i forget that.

" but i just saved your number. so..." you drifted off, letting the silence do the job of stating the obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment