Friday, October 23, 2009

young child

"Your mind is still clean," he said, draping his arms around me.
I frowned, "what's that supposed to mean?"
" You haven't seen the real world yet." He says, holding me tighter as we got off the escalator of GPO.
Excuse me?
 I thought I'd left the whole 'naïve' name-calling back at home where my dad is(god bless his soul)
I separated myself from him, starting to feel the fury seething inside me.
When I was young I'd always been the one who'd be the joke in the group, the young one- the blur one, always being put down.
My dad would talk to me as if I was a child who was never exposed to the realities in life, perhaps his way of protecting me or his denial of believing that I am just like any other curious human being.
Now that he's brought it up, calling me that when I am already eighteen years old its uncovered a bitter side of me. One that I've hidden ages ago..

No comments:

Post a Comment