Monday, June 28, 2010

happy birthday to me

Its 7.46 am and apart from the hustle and bustle from the two maids downstairs, everything else is quiet and asleep. Not quite sure what exactly stirred me from my sleep but I woke up without any anger or discontent so that must be a good sign. Do I feel slightly older? Not really. Okay fine maybe a little. Although my pubescent-like zit-spotted skin certainly is doing a bad job at displaying so. Usually a spot would ruin my day the instant I spot it looking back at me in the mirror (pun intended), but not today. Today I feel calm. And also carrying a bit of a back ache perhaps cos I’d slept on my back the whole night. I’m not one who often throws eminently big parties and invite gulps and gulps of names as I find that there is nothing scarier and nerve wracking than being in the spotlight. But a small luncheon with maybe five of my comrades would be just fine. Being nineteen feels… stuck. Stuck in the middle between childhood and adulthood. The big 20. My last teen. What should I do to commemorate this?

OH god I just realized that… I’ve already become a grandma with back pains

No comments:

Post a Comment